The Top 10 Pharmaceutical Companies in Latin America: Growth performance, strategies and SWOT analysis
The leading pharmaceutical companies in Latin America comprise multinational companies and domestic players. Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela and Argentina remained the major markets in Latin America with a market share of around 90%. This report provides an insight into the current state of the Latin American pharmaceutical industry, market structure, pricing, regulation, as well as evolving trends. This report profiles the top ten pharmaceutical companies in Latin America and provides a brief summary of the 11 to 20 players. The report also gives a strategic insight into the companies , brands, therapeutic classes and geographic breakdown of the revenue generated by these companies in Latin America. The top 10 companies were assessed on following parameters: each company’s market share in the Latin American pharmaceutical market; key marketed products, geographic and therapeutic focus; growth strategies; key mergers and acquisitions; business-related strengths and weaknesses of these companies; and insights into the opportunities and threats facing them.
Key features of this report
• Market dynamics of the Latin American pharmaceutical market during the period 2004–08.
• Key market drivers and resistors in the Latin American market.
• Trends of the Latin American pharmaceutical market.
• Profile of top 10 players in the Latin American pharmaceutical market.
• Company analysis and market share of the top 10 players in the Latin American pharmaceutical market.
Scope of this report
• Develop insights for the Latin American pharmaceutical market, pricing and regulation, intellectual property rights and trends in these countries.
• Quickly understand how recent events are affecting the performance of major company’s products and how their marketers are confronting competitive challenges in the Latin American market.
• Gain up-to-date competitive intelligence across a wide-range of marketed products, R&D pipeline, market share data, sales forecast and competitive landscape for the major players in the Latin American pharmaceutical market.
• Save time, money and resources on analyzing the performance of the key Latin American pharmaceutical companies using this report.
Key Market Issues
• Regulatory environment in Latin America: The regulatory frameworks in Latin American countries have improved rapidly after they became signatories to TRIPS and various other international trade treaties. Overall, the aim of regional regulatory protocols to reduce pharmaceutical costs have indirectly promoted the generic industry.
• Rising trial registrations: Global drug giants have all entered Latin America for conducting clinical trials in recent years. An increase in research investments is result of the fast-paced regional socioeconomic transformation. Apart from the rising economic status, which has ensured better return on investments, improvement in healthcare infrastructure played an important role in attracting clinical trial projects from multinational pharmaceutical companies to the region.
• Regulatory harmonization and tie-ups: In the last few years, there has been increased activity in regulatory interaction between the Latin American countries. These countries are also involved in collaborations with regulators of EU nations. The intention is to harmonize the regulatory framework in the region.
• Compulsory licensing trends in Latin America: The compulsory licensing policy of Latin American countries is modeled on those used in most developed countries. Such an action is taken only when certain life sustaining drugs are in short supply.
Key findings from this report
• Latin American economies have been relatively less affected by the global economic meltdown compared to their developed counterparts.
• In 2008 the top 10 companies managed to capture around 40% of the Latin American market. Brazil followed by Mexico remained the leading markets in the Latin American region.
• The regulatory scenario in the Latin American region is continuously evolving, despite the fact that improvements in patent legislation protection of intellectual property are uncertain.
• According to Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA, US), lack of implementation of data exclusivities, non-approval of second use patent, drug counterfeiting and the regulatory backlogs are the major concerns in Latin American market.
Key questions answered
• What was the market size of the Latin American pharmaceutical market in 2008?
• What are the important trends in the Latin American market?
• Who were the top 10 players in the Latin American market in 2008?
• How are the companies positioned in the Latin American market in terms of geographic focus?
• Which are the key therapeutic areas in Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Colombia, Chile & Peru?
To know more about this report & to buy a copy please visit :
Ph : 91-22-40583000
Website : www.visionshopsters.com
Why do so many brown Spanish speaking Latin Americans support either Brazil, or Argentina?
Yeah, no offense, but Brazilians speak Portuguese, and Argentinians are white.
Um… should they support Mexico??? I would.
Argentineans are not white.
Some of them are white, some not. However many claim to be white yet they have mestizo admixture.
Incoming search terms: