East Indian girl
Indian Baby Names
Nicknames are given to shorten a name or a manner used to eliminate the formality in addressing a person. Babies are given nicknames to call them in an affectionate or more personal manner. Babies tend to have cute and fun nicknames. Depending on what is their real name, parents can always come up with something cute and affectionate to call their babies aside from their given names.
Some common baby nicknames that parents use to call their baby girls names include Lily for Lilibeth, Jessie for Jessica, Annie for Annette, Lizzie for Elizabeth and Ella for Michaella and for baby boys, Bernie for Bernard, Mickey for Michael and Willy for William. Some parents with babies that have name combinations use the initials to come up with a nickname for their babies. Examples of these are; MJ for Mary Jane, JR for John Robert and RJ for Ronald Allen.
Coming up with a nice nickname to call your baby sometimes require a little creativity and a lot of affection for the baby. Some nicknames just come spontaneously like calling a baby girl Little Missy or a baby boy Little Mister for that sense. Some parents or even relatives and friends come up with their own nicknames for the baby thus creating a wide variety of nicknames. It is even surprising to know sometimes that a baby is called differently by different people despite of having a given name by his parents. This is how nicknames are, they are informal, spontaneous and more often than not, just elements of fun and affection. They are different adaptations of a person’s real name.
Giving your baby an appropriate nickname lessens the chances of people naming your baby any other way. Nicknames are sometimes used to make fun of a certain name or person. Parents should be careful in giving their babies nicknames as this may connote something else to other people. In creating baby nicknames, the integrity of the baby’s real name should be preserved.
However, choosing an unusual baby name requires some care. How can you choose a name that is distinctive, yet does not end up sounding ridiculous? Of course, you don’t want your child to be at the receiving end of all the Waynes and Dylans in his school. Here are a few tips:
1. Check what’s out there. Start by looking up popular baby names listed in parenting books and websites. Along with the more familiar ones, you will also find some unusual baby names that you have rarely heard before, and that will catch your fancy.
2. Old is gold. Many old names that were quite popular until recently have now fallen out of favor. Research names in historical archives or literature, or dig up some of the unusual names from your own family records.
3. Read the glossies. Celebrity baby names are another good source for distinctive names. The advantage here will be that though the name will be unusual, it will have built up some level of familiarity and acceptability because of the media coverage. The disadvantage, of course, will be that the name may end up becoming too popular, thereby losing its novelty factor.
4. Get the spelling right. Be careful about using an unusual baby name that is simply a popular name cached in a new spelling-such as ‘Jaysonne’ or ‘Jayesun.’ This will of course sound phony, considering that the pronunciation will remain plain old ‘Jason.’ More importantly, your child may even have to face ridicule from others on this account.
5. Avoid strange combinations. Also, resist the temptation to create an unusual baby name by stringing together two or more names, such as ‘Branjelina’. Unless done sensibly, such a name will probably sound outlandish or gawky.
For more names visit our site:
True Thinks Name
C-10-2, East Lake residence, Seksyen 3
Seri Kembangam, Selangor 43300, Malaysia.
Would a white girl date an East Indian guy?
I’m an Indian guy (the real India) who’s 5’8″. I have been told I look okay by a couple of white girls at clubs but I would like to know whether white girls have a problem with my bronze skin. Are they okay to date an Indian guy?
If they say you look okay, they’d probably date you. Also, there’s no reason I can think of why a white girl wouldn’t date an Indian guy. One of my best friends (an Indian) is dating a French girl. What matters is your personality!
On a side note, watch the strong-smelling food, and make sure to dispel that smell before you go out. Many people are not a fan.
Trackback from your site.